On land, at sea, in forests and mountains, there is food all around us, we just have to open up our senses and reconnect. This deliciously wild adventure invites you to discover our edible landscape. To know what is edible and what is poisonous, how to identify, to learn what part of the plant to harvest and how to prepare are all important and valuable lessons to learn in sustainable and responsible foraging.
Enter the draw by filling in your details below:
Summarised Terms and Conditions:
- The Terms and Conditions set out below apply to all participants entering the Capestorm Bucketlist competitions, conducted by Capestorm.
- This is a legitimate prize (promotional competition) as defined in the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 and elsewhere, and is not connected to any government or official lottery.
- The Promoter may refuse to award the prizes to participants if there is suspicion of any irregularities or fraudulent activities.
- You can only enter by using the above Rafflecopter mechanism.
- Participation by all participants in the Capestorm Bucketlist competitions through Capestorm Facebook (@capestormza), Instagram (@capestormza), Capestorm emailers and Capestorm digital advertising constitutes acceptance of these rules.
This experience is for anyone who has an interest in fynbos, wild food, foraging, indigenous edibles, self-sufficiency in the slow food movement or those that just want to have a unique and delicious experience at a beautiful venue with like-minded people.
Winners can look forward to foraging for indigenous edibles, learning how to sustainably harvest them, how to utilize them in the kitchen, how to grow them in a garden and what medicinal properties they have.
This half day event includes wild food snacks and drinks, a delicious three course lunch based on ingredients foraged, harvested and prepared by the group. Winners will also receive information notes and recipes on the plants that will be used in the meal.
2x tickets to a Veld and Sea winter fynbos foraging and feasting experience
Capestorm gear to the value of R1000
Transport to and from the experience venue: Good Hope Gardens Nursery in Cape Point
Event host info:
Based at the Good Hope Gardens Nursery in Cape Point, Veld and Sea offers seasonal and sustainable foraging classes, workshops and collaborative nature inspired events for public and private groups.
Learn more: https://veldandsea.com/
- Arrive at Good Hope Gardens Nursery, Plateau Rd (M65), Cape Point
- Explore, forage and harvest wild food in the garden and bush
- Prepare harvested food and feast
- Return home with information notes, recipes and great memories